Sciences Po MasterCard scholarships are for students who display or wish for academic brilliance and excellent leadership potential but require more cash to obtain higher education.
They are significant for students who desire a meaningful and lasting effect by looking for methods to solve the continent’s challenges, notably in public policy and significant political, environmental, and social reforms.
Mastercard Foundation’s Professional Program seeks three essential goals;
- To give superior financial, medical, and other appropriate support to students,
- To build soft skills outside of the student experience
- To develop a stable academic network for the students in and outside the country.
General Overview of the 2024 Sciences Po MasterCard Scholarships
Since 2017, Sciences Po has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation scholarship program and three other European universities (Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, and Edinburgh).
Since then, the university’s relationship with MasterCard has assisted approximately 138 students from Sub-Saharan Africa in enrolling in a social science degree program at Sciences Po.
The scholarship opportunity’s fundamental objective is to develop a new generation of changemakers in their home nations and particular families. Furthermore, the Mastercard Foundation scholarship initiative provides young people in Sub-Saharan Africa access to inclusive and excellent education, allowing as many of them as possible to achieve dignified and satisfying work.
The Foundation aspires to allow 30 million African youth to access jobs and entrepreneurship by 2030 as part of an ambitious new strategy (Young Africa Works). The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, in which Sciences Po is a partner, will play a vital role in this plan by facilitating university collaborations that will offer young Africans access to world-class education.
Benefits of the 2024 Sciences Po MasterCard Scholarships
Sciences Po offers a variety of specialized tools to help scholars during their studies and ease their transfer into the workforce. In addition to supporting their education. Students receiving scholarships can specifically access the following:
- Assistance before their departure, specialized assistance upon arrival, and a formal welcoming event.
- Housing in Paris which is designated for recipients of scholarships.
- Individualized assistance during their studies, guaranteeing each student the most excellent possible Sciences Po experience.
- They provide complete career support to scholars, including workshops, conference attendance, access to the university’s business incubator (FR) and its network of employers and alums operating in Africa, career guidance to assist students in identifying their professional goals, and a career fair with a focus on internship and employment opportunities in Africa.
- A mentorship initiative jointly managed by Sciences Po Alumni from the Africa Division.
- Access to Sciences Po’s extensive collection of general materials helps students at every stage of their education.
What are the Scholarship Requirements
- Possess citizenship or reside in a nation in sub-Saharan Africa. You must prove that you are temporarily studying or working somewhere else or must be a legal resident of the area.
- You must be ready to show a willingness to commit to accomplishing change in Africa. You must always be prepared to influence the continent meaningfully through public policy and significant political, environmental, and social transformations.
- Have a clear need for higher education finance (please note that documentation of your financial condition will be sought as part of your application).
- A recognized reference letter from your academic institution.
- Be under 35 at the start of the postgraduate academic year.
- Within the next academic year, you must have earned at least a bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent).
- Make an application to one of Sciences Po’s seven graduate schools for a two-year master’s degree.
- The award is unavailable to applicants for combined master’s, double degree, or one-year master’s programs.
- Possess a minimum C1 level in either French or English, depending on the program you’re applying to (see each program’s language requirements).
- Please be aware that courses can be taken wholly in English, totally in French, or in both. Not currently pursuing or having earned a prior master’s degree.
Required Documents for the Application Process
- Personal details and Next of Kin information
- A recommendation letter from your university’s academic adviser to support your candidacy. You must ask them to fill out and sign this form.
- Complete details and supporting documentation about your financial situation.
- Details about your academic history and extracurricular accomplishments.
- A declaration outlining your diverse perspectives on topics mainly concerning Africa and your plans to bring about change on the continent. The panel awarding the scholarships will base its decision on how well this statement is written.
How To Apply for the Sciences Po MasterCard Scholarships
- By completing the appropriate forms on the scholarship website, you should confirm your qualifying for the prize.
Upon submission and examination by the scholarship team, you will obtain a notification regarding your eligibility for the scholarship. You will not need to pay the Sciences Po application processing fee if deemed eligible for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
To be approved for scholarship eligibility and to avoid paying the processing fee for your Sciences Po application (which has a December 3, 2023 deadline), you must have fulfilled this step by November 26, 2023.
- Your application must conform to the international graduate admissions process to apply to Sciences Po.
Nevertheless, before submitting your application to Sciences Po (end of step 2), you must wait to hear whether you are eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship and to acquire confirmation that your application processing cost has been eliminated.
- You can start your application process Here.
What is the Sciences Po MasterCard Foundation Scholarship?
Scholarships for a bachelor’s degree are available for three years; for a master’s degree, they are known for two years; and for summer school. They cover all of the living expenses in France and the tuition at Sciences Po for the study period.
Is the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship restricted to African students only?
Academically bright young people from South Africa and other African countries receive support through the UWC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
As mentioned, the 2024 Sciences Po MasterCard Scholarships offer an outstanding chance for young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue higher education in France.
These scholarships provide financial support and help scholars build critical skills, create a solid academic network, and enable students to make a lasting influence in their home countries.
With substantial benefits, coaching, and professional assistance, this program is committed to enabling the next generation of changemakers. By eliminating financial barriers and cultivating talent, Sciences Po and the Mastercard Foundation work hand in hand to achieve good transformation across the African continent.