25 Best Self-Help Books to Read In 2022
The following list is a compilation of the 25 best self-help books of all time. There are so many different manifestations and forms of psychotherapy, but the results obtained from reading these books will be mostly identical to what you would expect from going through a professional course or training.
Best Self-Help Books: Relationships
1. Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell: By popular science writer and New Yorker staff writer Malcolm Gladwell. It is a non-fiction book that helps the reader to build strong relationships, whether at home or with friends. In his straightforward manner, Malcolm Gladwell provides solid advice on how to deal with difficult people in your life.
2. The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts By Gary Chapman: This is a very helpful and handy guide on how to maintain relationships between people of different races, classes, and genders. Having the ability to express and experience love in an experienced way it will help you keep your relationship with someone special for a long time.
Read also, The 20 Greatest Historical Fiction Novels to Read
3. The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work by John Gottman: By taking a closer look at what goes on between two people in any relationship, making it work is not that hard. Even if you have been married for the past thirty years, after reading The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, you will find something new about your partner.
Best Self-Help Books: Career
4. What Should I Do with My Life? By Po Bronson: It is one of the best books for finding out what your purpose in life is. This non-fiction book tells the story of thirty people who are living their lives or facing problems making important choices about their lives.
5. Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead by Laszlo Bock: The author shares the process of recruitment and selection that Google used to choose their employees. It also provides an overview of how Google’s management created a healthy environment for its employees.
6. What Color is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard Bolles: It is one of the best books on how to find your dream job by providing advice covering all aspects of job hunting including searching for jobs, interviews, resumes writing, etc.
7. How To Be A Star At Work: Nine Breakthrough Strategies You Need To Succeed by Robert E. Kelley: After you read this book, it will help you to become successful in your career. It is very easy to read and understand, particularly for people who are new in their jobs or planning to get promoted soon.
Best Self-Help Books: Health
8. Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight by Linda Bacon: This book will show that losing weight is not the answer to being healthy. It also teaches you how to enjoy your life, eat what you want, and feel good about yourself.
Read also, The 21 Greatest Mystery Books to Read Now
9. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg: This book helps you understand why habits exist and how they can be changed. The author shares surprising stories about individuals who managed to change their lives thanks to habits changing.
10. Brain Rules for Aging Well By John Medina: This is the best self-help book for older adults over 50 years old that explains how behavior can affect memory decline, dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, etc… A new review of scientific research suggests five key rules for living a longer, healthier life.
11. The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor: This non-fiction book unravels seven ways that happiness can help you to boost productivity, lower stress, etc…
Self-Help Books: Mental Health
12. Declutter Your Mind by S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport: By decluttering your mind, you will be able to take back control of your life. It is a step-by-step guide that will help you learn how to let go of the past and finally move forward in a positive way.
13. The Imposter’s Handbook: A Prequel by Corrine Kenney: This book explains why we feel like imposters in our jobs or achievements even if we have been successful for many years. The author suggests finding out who you are and what makes you happy.
Read also, Self-Publishing a Book: 18 Powerful Steps to Becoming a Best Seller Author
14 . Happy For No Reason by Marci Shimoff: Through short anecdotes from real people, this book offers practical ways to boost self-confidence and get happier every day. After reading this book, you will learn how to be grateful for all the good things in your life.
15 . There Is Nothing Wrong with You: Going Beyond Self-Hate by Cheri Huber: The author shows us that there is nothing wrong with each of us and teaches us to love ourselves first before others can do it. After reading this book, you will find more joy and happiness in your life.
Self-Help Books: Self-Improvement
16 . The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo: This is a must-read for homeowners, renters, and anyone who loves to declutter. The author shows us how tidying up our minds can help us to become happier.
17 . The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey: It is an ideal self-help book for those starting their career or thinking about changing something in their lives. This book teaches us the fundamentals of living an effective life by providing valuable insights on how to be more productive, reach targets, etc…
18 . I Could Do Anything if I Only Knew What it Was: How To Discover What You Really Want And How To Get It by Barbara Sher: The author shows us how to find out what we love by examining our dreams, hopes, and passions. It is a self-help book that will make you more confident about your life choices.
19 . Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions And Transform Your Life by Judith Orloff: This book will make you aware of negative emotions and show you how to transform your life. It also teaches us how to see things from a different perspective, take control of our lives and make confident decisions.
Read also, Book Publishing Made Easy: Follow These Simple Steps to Publish a Book
20 . The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed To Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown: This self-help book is for people who often feel that they are not good enough, afraid of failure, etc… It teaches you how to discover your gifts and be happy by living freely.
Self-Help Books: Body, Mind & Spirit
21 . The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman: As said earlier, this is an excellent self-help book for couples or people who want to better express their feelings. It teaches us how to identify the five ways we give and receive love, how they determine our relationships etc…
22 . The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle: It is a must-read for those seeking enlightenment or anyone interested in spirituality. By living in the present, you will be able to find inner peace, feel less anxious about the future, etc…
Self-Help Books: Finance
23. Kicking Financial Ass: Punch Debt in the Face, Invest for the Future, and Retire Early! by Paul Christopher Dumont: This is the ideal self-help book for people who are finding it difficult to pay off their debts. The author teaches us how to make investments and improve our finances.
Read also, 20 Thrilling Children’s Books to Read Now
24. Making Money: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini: This book explains why we buy certain things and highlights some powerful influence strategies that help convince people to buy something (a product or service). It is an excellent self-help book for marketers, business owners, or anyone interested in persuasion.
25. The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage by Mel Robbins: From now on you can achieve your goals quickly using this self-help book. All you have to do is move forward in 5 seconds and after that, it will be easier to do the rest.
Who said the books have to be boring? Fortunately, self-help books can be fun, interesting, and engaging. They can help you learn about, your problems, change your life for the better, or even financial improve. In this article, I listed the 25 best self-help books that will change your life. These authors have been helping people with their issues for many years now and they are still being read by millions around the world.