Do you know that you have the opportunity to embark on a life-changing academic experience in the heart of Europe?
In 2024, international students seeking a top-notch education and exposure to another culture can now apply for this awesome scholarship program and study at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
The tuition and living costs are covered, allowing you to focus on your studies and experience the lively Swiss culture.
Therefore, this blog post offers a thorough overview of the 2024 University of Lausanne Scholarship. In addition, this article will assist you in taking the first step toward a rewarding academic experience in Switzerland and Europe.
About the 2024 University of Lausanne Scholarship
The University of Lausanne Scholarship Program is a merit-based scholarship given to excellent international students who have finished their studies abroad at a global university and have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement. Each year, 10 master’s scholarships for non-European students are offered by the University of Lausanne. Students from outside the European Union should take advantage of this master’s program to continue their education in Europe.
Therefore, for international students with outstanding academic records at a very high level who have graduated from any foreign university, the UNIL master grant is available. Students can begin their master’s degree at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland with the aid of this European scholarship. In Europe, the University of Lausanne’s master’s scholarship is extremely competitive; international students are chosen by the University of Lausanne through a competitive process.
In addition, the recipients of this scholarship will receive the UNIL scholarship stipend for the whole length of their chosen master’s degree. The amount of CHF 1,600 a month from September 15 to July 15 for the duration of the master’s program (one and a half years or two years, depending on the chosen master). There might be an exemption for situations of unquestionable catastrophic failure after the first year. International students worldwide are welcome to apply for the UNIL master’s grant in Switzerland. Different subjects are eligible for the master’s scholarship offered by Lausanne University.
Below is a table containing the available courses and the required documents for the application process;
Read also, 2024/2025 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at McGill University, Canada for African Students
Available Courses for the Lausanne Scholarship
· Interfaculty Programs
· Faculty of Arts
· Faculty of Biology and Medicine
· Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
· Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
· Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
· Law, Criminal Justice, and Public Administration
· Business and Economics
Required Documents for the Application Process
· Application form
· Copy of secondary school diploma.
· Academic transcripts
· Passport size picture
· Description of the last semester of the bachelor’s degree program
· CV (Curriculum Vitae)
· Recommendation letters (two)
· Cover letter
· Copy of official language certificate
· Copy of passport and identity card
· Proof of application fee payment
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for the Lausanne Scholarship?
- Before beginning the master’s program, you must hold a graduate degree from a foreign university that has been recognized by UNIL as being equivalent.
- Candidates must have a strong academic record from their prior education.
- Additionally, candidates must have a language proficiency of at least B2 in French (according to the European Language Portfolio worldwide scale) or, at the very least, C1 in English (depending on the language of instruction for the applicant’s selected master’s).
- The applicants must not be members of UNIL to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Additionally, candidates must be financially capable of paying any other fees and expenses.
- Candidates with outstanding academic records and bachelor’s degrees from overseas universities are welcome to apply.
Admission Requirements for the University of Scholarship
- Recent passport photograph (450 × 450 pixels) with a white background
- Provisional admission letter for the 2023/2024 session into a reputable university (local or overseas)
- Educational transcripts
- First Degree Certificate
- Valid ID card
- Proper International Passport Data Page (applicable to overseas category)
- Birth Certificate
- Current Curriculum Vitae
What are the Main Benefits of the 2024 University of Lausanne scholarship?
- For the course of the master’s (one and a half years or two years, depending on the program chosen), the University of Lausanne UNIL master’s grant will waive CHF 1,600 a month from September 15 to July 15.
- Scholarship recipients will only be asked to pay CHF 80.00 per semester in place of the fixed registration fees for the courses.
- Students will have the chance to learn about European study culture.
- The scholarship will facilitate international networking across Europe.
- Students will have the opportunity to study under experts from around the world.
- For all those overseas students who desire to study for their master’s at any European university, this is a fantastic chance.
How To Apply for the 2024 University of Lausanne Scholarship
- The UNIL master’s grant application process is done online. The scholarship application form also serves as an admissions application for the master’s program you choose. Consequently, you don’t need to submit a separate application for the master’s program.
- To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must submit an online application and upload all necessary supporting documentation in a single application file (in PDF format). Applications sent by email in PDF format or with missing or incorrect information will not be taken into consideration for the award.
- Applicants who earned their bachelor’s degree from an institution in a country that has not ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention must send a certified copy of their diplomas via postal mail in a sealed envelope. The sealed envelope must be delivered to the address listed below by November 1 (postmark), but only if the online application has been completed and submitted.
- Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution in a country that has ratified the Lisbon Recognition Convention are not required to mail certified copies.
- The scholarship application must be completed electronically and duly signed by the applicant.
- Lausanne Scholarship application deadline is November 1, 2023.
- You can start your application Here today.
How Can I Qualify for the University of Lausanne Scholarship?
You need to demonstrate a solid academic history by highlighting outstanding accomplishments from your prior studies. Language Proficiency: For programs teaching French: you need to have a B2 or higher level of French language proficiency.
What are the English Requirements for the University of Lausanne Scholarship?
All institutions in Switzerland require applicants to have a strong command of the English language. Students must complete IELTS with a minimum score of 7 to be accepted to the University of Lausanne in Switzerland.
Just as stated above, the 2024 University of Lausanne Scholarship in Switzerland invites aspirant scholars to set out on an academic journey in a world full of opportunities..
This life-changing trip aims to mold not only your education but also your view of the world. With its generous monthly stipend and tuition-free policy, this scholarship enables you to fully experience Switzerland’s illustrious cultural heritage and world-class educational system. Don’t miss this opportunity to discover Europe’s heartland while advancing your academic goals.