We are delighted to announce the scholarship programs at the University of Manitoba for international students who would love to pursue a fully funded Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degree in 2024. The university is providing several scholarships for talented students who need funding for their studies.
This scholarship covers all academic fields available at the University of Manitoba, Canada ( including Bachelor and Postgraduate Studies). For most of the scholarships, applicants don’t need to apply separately as they are instantly considered when they apply for any of the degrees offered in the University.
Deadline: 1 December 2023
Type of Scholarship: Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D
University: University of Manitoba
Benefits of the Scholarship
As a recipient of the scholarship at the University of Manitoba, there are some benefits that you will get to leverage as an international student. They are:
- Fully Funded Tuition – This scholarship covers all your tuition and every other fee throughout your study years at the University of Manitoba.
- Free Residency – This scholarship ensures that you are given free residency to soothe your stay in the country throughout your years of study.
- Monthly Stipends – As a recipient of this scholarship, you will be given a monthly stipend to enable you to focus on your studies squarely.
- Fully Paid Travel Expenses – This scholarship will cover all your travel expenses.
- Access to Health Insurance – Unlike other scholarships, awardees of this scholarship are given access to health insurance.
- Book Allowance – You will also have access to a regular allowance for buying books
- All international students are welcome to apply for this scholarship
Read also, 2024 International Scholarships to Study at Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar (Fully Funded)
List of the Available Courses at the University of Manitoba
- Architecture, Statistics, Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics, Physics & Astronomy, Animal Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geological Sciences, Biosystems Engineering, Environment and Geography, Entomology, Mechanical Engineering, Food and Human Nutritional Sciences, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Business Administration, Actuarial Studies, Accounting and Finance, Sociology and Criminology, Religion, Psychology, Political Studies, Native Studies, Linguistics, Judaic Studies, Icelandic, History, German & Slavic Studies, French, Spanish & Italian, English, Theatre, Film & Media, Economics, Classics, Anthropology, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, City Planning, Architecture, School of Agriculture, Soil Science, Plant Science
To qualify for this scholarship, there are certain conditions that you must meet. These conditions are:
- Nationalities from all over the world are qualified to apply for this scholarship.
- You must apply for either a bachelor’s degree, master or Ph.D. degree at the University of Manitoba, Canada.
- To apply for a bachelor’s degree program at the University of Manitoba, you must have obtained a High School Certificate.
- You must have completed your undergraduate studies before applying for a Masters program at the University of Manitoba.
- To get admission into the Ph.D. program at the University of Manitoba, you must have obtained a Masters’s Program from a tertiary institution in your country.
- You need an English Proficiency Certificate to apply to the University of Manitoba.
A Little History About the University of Manitoba
The Great University of Manitoba was founded in 1877 as a public research university in the Province of Manitoba. It is the 17th largest University in Canada with over 30,000 residents and international students across the globe.
The University of Manitoba is ranked between 650 – 700 in the QS World University Ranking.
Admission Requirements for an Undergraduate Program at the University of Manitoba
- You must prove your English Language Proficiency by taking a test. Check the list of countries below to confirm if you will be taking the test or not.
- You must meet the general entrance requirement depending on your country or choice of study at the University of Manitoba.
- You must meet the specific requirements of your program of choice
- You must have obtained a High School Certificate or an equivalent from a recognized secondary school in your country.
Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Study at the University of Manitoba
- You must prove your English Language Proficiency by taking a test. Only students from English-speaking countries are exempted from taking this test.
- You must have completed your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college with a minimum of 3.0 GPA or a B average.
- Depending on the type of program you are applying for, some program requirements include admission tests, including GMAT and GRE.
- You must get a confirmation from a supervisor or a faculty member
- You will also require a statement of research interests or your experience in the course that you have chosen to study.
How to Apply for the 2024 Scholarship at the University of Manitoba, Canada
For more details on how to apply for a fully funded scholarship at the University of Manitoba, you should visit the University’s admission page and check out the requirements attached to your preferred course of study.
Note that some international students from certain countries are exempted from taking the English Proficiency Language Test in 2024. These countries are:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Ascension, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malta, Montserrat, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pitcairn Island, Puerto Rico, Saint Helena, Singapore, South Africa, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Virgin Islands, Wake Island, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The language of instruction and communication at the University of Manitoba is English language. If your country does not fall under those listed above, then you are required to take an English Proficiency Test.
The test taken must not be more than 2 years or else it will be deemed invalid.
The types of English Proficiency Tests accepted at the University of Manitoba are:
- Intensive Academic English Program
- TOEFL (Internet Based)
- Pearson Test of English Academic
Keep in mind that only one of the tests mentioned above is required by the University when applying for the scholarship.