Hamad Bin Khalifa University is excited to announce the scholarship programs for international students (all across the world) who intend to pursue fully funded research and graduate studies that can facilitate positive changes in Qatar and the region while having a global effect.
About the Programme
The Student Financial Services of Hamad Bin Khalifa University awards 2024 scholarships in the form of financial aid student loans and academic-based scholarships to international students every year. These students will get to choose from the plethora of courses for undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. degrees respectively. Its objective is to create unparalleled opportunities where inquiry and discovery are crucial to instruction and learning at all levels, utilizing a multidisciplinary strategy across all of its available courses.
This scholarship covers various disciplines at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University.
Deadline – 1 February 2024 ( For Foreign students) and 15 March 2024 ( For Qatar residents)
Type of Scholarship – Fully funded for Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D study
Country – Qatar
University – Hamad Bin Khalifa University
Benefits of the HBK Scholarship
When you are awarded a scholarship as an international student at the University of Hamad Bin Khalifa, there are lots of benefits that you can enjoy. They are:
- It is fully funded – This scholarship covers the tuition fees and every other expense required to make you focus squarely on your studies without any financial hurdle.
- Monthly Allowance – As a recipient of this scholarship, you will be given a monthly stipend for accommodation and other expenses all through your study period at HBK.
- Visa and Travel Expenses – All your visa and travel expenses will also be covered by this scholarship.
- Accommodation – You will be given a family accomodation if you are already married before your admission into HBKU.
- Student Financial Loan – If you are awarded an undergraduate scholarship at HBKU, you will have access to financial loans.
- All Nationalities – Students from all the parts of the world are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- No Age Restrictions – There are no age restrictions on students who apply for this scholarship.
Financial Coverage of the Scholarship
- For applicants awarded a scholarship for a bachelor’s degree, they will be given QAR 5000.
- Awardees for Masters programme will be given a monthly stipend of QAR 5000.
- Awardees for Ph.D. programme will be given a monthly stipend of QAR 7500.
- Accommodation will be provided for all accepted applicants. While married international students will be given a family housing to accommodate his family.
- Full tuition fees will be covered.
- Return Ticket to your country at the end of your programs will be covered for.
Read also, UCLA Scholarships for International Students
To qualify for this scholarship, there are certain conditions that you must meet. These conditions are:
- Citizens from any part of the world, including Qatar residents are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- You must apply for either a bachelor’s degree, Masters or a Ph.D degree at the University of Hamad Bin Khalifa.
- You must have completed your Bachelors degree before applying for a Masters and Ph.D. program at HBKU.
- You must have completed your secondary school education before applying for an undergraduate course at HBKU
- IELTS, GRE, or TOEFL is required. It can only be exempted for applicants from countries where English is their native language
- You must have attained a GPA of 3.65 or more.
You can always check your choice of course for further requirements. You will find the specific requirements attached to each program at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University website.
For the online scholarship application, here are the documents that you must upload to the Hamad Bin Khalifa official website:
- Official transcript from your secondary school for undergraduate courses.
- Official transcript from your university for research and postgraduate studies.
- 2 letters of recommendation from a faculty member.
- Passport or Qatar ID.
- Birth certificate.
- Students record release statement.
Eligibility Criteria for Renewing 2024 Hamad Bin Khalifa Scholarship
For those that have been awarded the HBKU scholarship in their respective disciplines and would like to renew it. They must meet up with the following criteria:
- You must maintain a GPA of 3.6 or more.
- At the end of each semester, you are required to submit an official transcript.
- You must submit outstanding payments statement from the QF Finance.
Here are the straightforward steps required in applying for a scholarship at HBKU:
Step 1 – Go to the Hamad Bin Khalifa University official website
Step 2- Choose the Course you are interested in studying.
Step 3 – Tap on the “Apply Now” icon and create an account.
Step 4 – Select a Term code ( when you would like to resume at the University).
Step 5 – Fill in the academic plan form with the right details and then submit.
Note that the scholarship is a crucial part of your registration process which must be done online. To foster it, there are specific conditions mentioned above that must be met before you can be awarded a scholarship at HBKU.
Also, keep in mind that if you are applying for a Masters program at Hamad Bin Khalifa University, you are expected to provide an official letter from the university where you completed your undergraduate study. This is to ascertain that you duly earned a bachelor’s degree from the university where the English language was the Lingua Franca.