Are you searching for a means to study at a German university via scholarship? If yes, then you are in the right place. Ensure you read this article till the end.
We are thrilled to announce the DAAD scholarship for the 2024/2025 academic session is now on for international students who would love to pursue their postgraduate study at any of the best universities in Germany.
About the Programme
The main objective of the DAAD scholarship is to train experts who will in turn network with international partners, and also leverage that to play a huge role in the sustainable development of their countries.
DAAD offers international students from developed and newly industrialized countries with development-based postgraduate programs.
DAAD Masters Scholarship Overview
DAAD Scholarship covers the various disciplines at top universities in Germany:
- International and Development Economics ( Masters)
- Development Economics ( Masters)
- Small Enterprise Promotion and Training
- Development Management (Masters)
- Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Society
- Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research
- Resource Nexus for Sustainability Transformation (Ph.D)
- Hydroscience and Engineering
- Textile Machinery and High-Performance Material Technology
- Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries (Masters)
- Water Resources and Environmental Management (Masters)
- Sustainable Renewable Energy Technologies
- Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics
- Infrastructure Planning ( Masters)
- Air Quality Control, Solid Waste and Waste Water Process Engineering
- Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
- Urban Management
- SPRING – Regional Development Planning and Management
- Tropical Forestry
- Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Sustainable Food Systems (Ph.D.)
- Tropical and International Forestry
- Agricultural Economics
- Marine Biology
- Tropical Hydrogeology and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Governance
- Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation
- Natural Resources Management and Development
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Renewable Energy Management
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Environment and Resources Management
- International Health
- Global Urban Health
- Global Health Risk Management and Hygiene Policies
- Vocational Education Personnel Capacity Building
- International Education Management
- Intellectual Property and Competition Law
- International Media Studies
Deadline – The deadline for each of the programs varies. You can check here to confirm the deadline attached to your preferred program of study.
Type of Scholarship – Fully funded for Masters and Ph.D. programs.
Duration of Scholarship – 12 to 36 months, depending on the course you choose to study.
Country – Germany.
Universities – HTW Berlin, GAU Gõttengen, U Leipzig, RU Bochum, U Bonn / United Nations University, HS Tekn Whaai, TU Dresden, University of Flensburg, University of Hannover, University of Oldenburg, University of Stuttgart, BHU Weimar, TU Berlin, TU Dortmund, Ain Shams University, U Geissen, U Hohenheim, U Bremen, TU Darmstadt, U Freiburg, U Greifswald, TH Kõñ, German Jordanian University, Universidad De San Luis Potosi, Charite Berlin, FU Berlin, HU Berlin, U Freiburg, U Heidelburg, PH Ludwigsburg, Helwan University, Munich Intellectual Property Law.
Benefits of the DAAD Scholarship
Recipients of the DAAD scholarship at the best universities in Germany will be rewarded with the following:
- A monthly stipend of 934 Euros for graduates pursuing a Masters program.
- A monthly allowance of 1200 Euros for graduates who are pursuing a Ph.D. program in any of the top universities in Germany.
- You would have access to a travel allowance only with the exemption of travel costs being covered by another source or your home country.
- Health and accident allowance.
- Insurance cover on personal liability.
In some very rare cases, recipients of these awards can be given the following:
- A subsidy of their monthly rent.
- Accompanying members of the award recipient will get a monthly allowance.
Eligibility Criteria For the DAAD Masters Scholarship
To qualify for this scholarship, there are certain conditions that you must meet. These conditions are:
- The required languages are German and English. All foreign students who are applying for an international program where English is the language of instruction will be required to submit an English Language certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL, and others.
- Accepts students from developing countries ( check if your country is included here.
- For other programs where the mode of instruction is in the German language, international students will be required to submit a German Language certificate such as TestDaF, DSH, and others.
- You must have obtained a Master’s degree in an appropriate subject before applying for a Ph.D. program.
- You must have obtained a Bachelors degree in an appropriate subject before applying for a Masters program.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in your field.
- You must prove that your motivation is development-based and show that you can take on social responsibility and start and aid the processes of change in your personal and professional environment after your scholarship ends.
- You must have an outstanding GPA.
Note that you can apply for 3 different courses on the DAAD scholarship, however, you must list the courses in the order of priority on the Application form.
Required Documents for the 2024 DAAD Scholarship
The documents required for the DAAD Scholarship application are as follows:
- Your signed CV with the current date (Kindly use a Europass form sample).
- You must sign on the DAAD Application form and add the current date.
- A personally signed Letter of Motivation ( it must be in line with the current occupation you engage in and your preferred choice of program). Ensure that it is not more than 2 pages.
- You must submit a Letter of Recommendation from your present employer that indicates that you have been working for 2 years after your Bachelor’s degree, and you can also get a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- You must show proof of language skills.
- Academic degrees obtained from your tertiary institutions in your country.
- Academic transcripts from your previous institutions in your countries. This is to show that you have completed your bachelor’s or master’s degree from a tertiary institution in your country or its equivalent.
- International students from China are requested to submit an APS certificate with their application documents.
Also, bear in mind that some of the courses might require additional documents. You can always find more details on the DAAD Scholarship website. In addition, the completed scholarship application must be submitted in German or English.